Don’t Eat Too Much Turkey! Written by Miriam Cohen and illustrated by Lillian Hoban. Get ready for Thanksgiving with these first graders!
Activity: Make a Thankful Turkey!
- Cut out various teardrop shapes for the feathers
- Cut out two round shapes for the turkey’s head and body, one smaller than the other
- Make the turkey’s nose by cutting out a small triangle, and then trimming it down
4. Glue the head and body together
5. Glue on the feathers around the body
6. Draw on the eyes and glue on the nose
7. Write what you are thankful for on the feathers!
Tip: Write on the feathers after gluing them onto the turkey’s body so that none of your writing is lost.